ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Vision Razor z2150 Buggy (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13291)

Weldangrind 10-13-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger (Post 174200)
New battery has already failed. Little screen not working.

Not surprised. It seemed too good to be true at that price.

Weldangrind 10-13-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger (Post 174226)
While I had it apart in the lab I discovered why the sprockets are alittle out of alignment. The whole swingarm is moved over. I noticed one of the upper suspension links had an angle to it.

Also need to work on the forward neutral reverse box. It has a hard time staying in forward.

That video was good fun to watch. :D The girls are obviously having a great time on your property. The tire swing completed the picture nicely.

By angle, are you saying that the upper suspension link is bent?

Does the forward / reverse box use a cable or lever?

katoranger 10-14-2014 11:18 AM

I have not confirmed what is out of alignment. It has been this way since it arrived.

The reverse box uses a cable. I think it is stretched as I have the adjustment maxed out.

Yesterday the battery started it right up, but the little display is not working. Seller said they would replace it. Just need to ship it back.

SpudRider 10-14-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger (Post 174295)
...Yesterday the battery started it right up, but the little display is not working. Seller said they would replace it. Just need to ship it back.

I'm glad the seller is giving you good customer service, Allen. :tup:

katoranger 10-14-2014 04:57 PM

I still have the old battery. It can go back in while I wait for a replacement.

Weldangrind 10-14-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger (Post 174295)
I have not confirmed what is out of alignment. It has been this way since it arrived.

The reverse box uses a cable. I think it is stretched as I have the adjustment maxed out.

Yesterday the battery started it right up, but the little display is not working. Seller said they would replace it. Just need to ship it back.

Does the cable hook to a spring?

Good news that they'll replace the battery. Are they paying shipping?

katoranger 10-16-2014 05:09 PM

They are sending a return label for the battery. I just have to fill out the form.

The cable attached to a lever that defaults into the reverse position. The lever is spring loaded. The cable adjustment is maxed out and still does not pull it all the way into forward.

Weldangrind 10-17-2014 07:43 PM

Is the cable stretched too far? I've had that happen with parking brake cables.

katoranger 10-20-2014 09:01 AM

I think a new cable is the fix. Seems that it is stretched too much to keep it in forward.

Weldangrind 10-20-2014 11:08 AM

Can you shorten the cable, hillbilly style? I once had a Mercury Sable with a brake cable stretched beyond what could be adjusted. I loosened the cable as far as it would go, which had it laying on the ground. I put a small loop in the cable, secured it with a small cable clamp and loctite, adjusted the cable and called it a win.

Maybe you could shorten the cable with a knot or two.

katoranger 10-20-2014 08:18 PM

I am thinking so since the cable works otherwise.

katoranger 11-08-2014 07:31 PM

I crimped a lock washer around the end of the cable and it works fine again.

Weldangrind 11-10-2014 11:10 AM

That's creative; hadn't thought of that.

katoranger 11-10-2014 10:08 PM

Recycled from leftovers.

katoranger 11-16-2014 05:38 PM

Didn't take any pictures, but we got some time riding in the snow and pulling sleds. Yard is covered with about 2 inches of snow.