View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 01:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I looked at the photos of the Sail 150 at PSM. The lower shock mount seems to be a single grommeted mounting ring, so it doesn't have the long fork to drill new holes for a shorter mounting position.

But the good news is that it is a simple fixed mounting position, so a shorter shock should work.

Check out this 10.25" shock from Amazon ($30). If the mounting posts have compatible sized holes, it should work perfectly. You can dial up to 4 stiffer spring preload settings as well. 30mm shorter

Attachment 28306

google this description to find it on Amazon

RUTU 10.25" 260mm Rear Shock, Mono Shock, Universal Pit Bike Shock Replacement for SDG SSR Pitster Lifan 110cc 125cc 140cc 200cc 250cc Pit Dirt Bike 400LBS - Black

How much will this lower the bike? Well, ask a mathematician. I am sure it is a Trigonometry problem since the swingarm makes a circle when it pivots.

*If you disconnect the shock and do manual measurements with the bike on a bike stand, you can estimate the effect of a 30mm change.
Hey Thumper! I ended up getting a 270mm. And it worked perfectly. I haven’t measured it. But I would say it lowered the bike about 2-3 inches. It’s just right for my grandson now. I dropped the forks an inch also. He’s been ripping all over my place since. Thanks man!
Pro Taper Grips
125 main 45 pilot jets
42 tooth rear sprocket
2010 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Silver Star